Tuesday 8 May 2018

Come and join the Starship Troupers Initiative!

The new book!
From 21st Century Shakespearean actor to intergalactic super spy!

Ten thousand years in the future, the Starship Troupers Initiative is the galaxy's foremost touring theatre company, bringing the greatest actors to entertain soldiers in warzones on the most lethal colony worlds. Now, new actor James Fanning must both give the performance of a lifetime, and singlehandedly turn the tide of the civil war that rages on the distant desert world of Jargroth. The show must go on... even if it kills him!

The first book in a very different science-fiction universe, where Aristotle's three unities hold more sway than Asimov's three laws of robotics.


Published: 24 May, 2018. Pre-order for just £0.99 / $0.99 here!

I finally wrote a novel.

Long-term readers may be surprised that I've never actually written a novel. I have various novelettes and novellas and lengthy short stories to my name, and I've translated various French novels. But until a few months ago, I'd never actually completed an original novel-length work. And I've been writing fiction since I was six.

But the important thing is I got there in the end, and the result is something very special. I think.

Zip! Zap! Boing! was first published towards the end of 2017 as a novella in Pew! Pew! Bite My Shiny Metal Pew! That book was a great commercial and critical success, but instead of just republishing the novella, I found myself wanting to dig a bit deeper into the world I'd created, to put in a few more jokes, and to flesh out some of the supporting characters. The novella version of my story left a lot of open questions for a sequel, but I wanted to understand more about the Starship Troupers before I sent them all off on a second adventure.

So yes, I write novels now. Do please take a look on Amazon!


No comments:

Post a Comment